M20, the Trifid Nebula
An emission nebula in Sagittarius. This photo has been digitally processed to remove the trail of lights from an airplane that passed in front of the nebula.
• Date: September 17, 2001 + June 8, 2002
• Exposure: 45 minutes + 30 minutes
• Telescope: LX200 10" @ f/10
• Guiding: SBIG STV
• Camera: Olympus OM-1
• Film: Fuji 800 + Kodak Supra 400
• Scanned: Hewlett Packard S20
• Processed: Images combined in RegiStar. Adjusted curves in Adobe PhotoShop 6.
Back - Milky Way Star Clouds in Sagittarius
Next - M27, the Dumbbell Nebula
Return to Images from CSSP