Central Milky Way (Sagittarius)
This is a most beautiful region of the sky. We are looking toward the center
of our galaxy, the Milky Way. There are numerous nebulae and star clusters in
The dark shadow near
the lower left edge of the image is the top of a tree.
Click the image to
open a larger image and a star chart of the same area.
Click here to see different color
adjustments of this image
• Date: July 29, 2003
• Exposure: 30 + 30 minutes
• 50 mm lens @ f/4 piggybacked on LX200
• Guiding: SBIG STV
• Camera: Olympus OM-1
• Film: Kodak Supra 400 (non-starburst)
• Scanned: Hewlett Packard S20
• Processing: Images combined using RegiStar, adjusted curves and levels in Adobe Photoshop 6, noise reduction with SGBNR
• Ambient conditions: 59° F, 79% R.H.
image for a larger image and star chart (may take some time to load)